The best gift you give yourself and your loved one is to capture and preserve his or her stories before they are forgotten forever. Nothing is more powerful, gratifying and healing. One vehicle to capturing your loved one’s stories is through an updated ancient tradition called a legacy letter.
Holidays are happy times, but they can also be stressful. The holidays can be particularly stressful if you are caring for a loved one who has Alzheimer’s disease. However, much of that stress can be alleviated if you have the right information and the right activities to keep your loved one happy.
Have you ever thought I know music works well for people with dementia but I am not musical??
I HAVE THE ANSWER FOR YOU!
A child will notice the behavioral changes that dementia causes in a grandparent, and it can be very upsetting. Not taking the initiative to explain to your daughter why Grandma can’t remember her name, is not an option. It’s up to you to help your children understand the effects that Alzheimer’s is having on someone they love.
The Memory Loss Tapes can, at times, be difficult to sit through. At other times I couldn’t help but smile and even laugh while watching. For example, Woody (the beginning of the second part) singing with his old acapella group, The Grunions, brought a tear of joy, as did other segments.
Research shows that stimulating activity can help rewire the brain so that memories lost to disease can be retrieved.
The words we use do, to a great extent, influence the way we think, and the way we think, in turn, affects our actions.
If you’re one of the thousands of visitors that return to our site month after month, you may have noticed our website looks a little bit different than it used to! Don’t worry, it still has all the same great content we are famous for – it’s just organized differently. We hope you like the new design!
We’re excited to see your interest in writing for Best Alzheimer’s Products! We are always looking for fresh perspectives and authentic stories to share with our readers. If you would like to submit a guest post please read the following guidelines and policies first.
- Better Dementia Care Without DrugsJuly 1, 2020 - 7:36 AM
- Best Alzheimer’s Products In The MediaFebruary 18, 2021 - 8:53 AM
- Caring For CaregiversFebruary 17, 2021 - 1:42 PM
- The holidays from the point of view of a person with Alzheimer’sOctober 29, 2020 - 4:51 PM
- How Stage Affects Your Choice Of GiftOctober 27, 2020 - 5:13 PM
- What Not To Gift A Person With Alzheimer’sOctober 27, 2020 - 11:54 AM
- Sharing Holidays If You Can’t Be ThereOctober 27, 2020 - 11:43 AM
Best Alzheimer’s Products
Organizations & Affiliations
Purple Angel Ambassador
Dementia Friendly America
- Activity Professionals
- Adult Day Services
- Alternative Medicine
- Alternative Therapy
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Best Alzheimer's Products
- Better Dementia Care
- Care Providers
- Designers + Architects
- Food for Alzheimer's
- For Caregivers
- Health Professionals
- Hope On The Horizon
- Library Workers
- Preventing Alzheimer's
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
WHAT OTHERS ARE SAYING
- Dear John and Holly, I’d like to work for you…seriously! I first heard about your business on the “Made in Chicago” segment on WBBM radio a few months back. I too, am interested in exactly the same thing you are, the quality of life for people with dementia. (…) Thank you though, so much for putting this site, and your products in one spot. And I am sooooo glad that Bernice has you! Janice