A child will notice the behavioral changes that dementia causes in a grandparent, and it can be very upsetting. Not taking the initiative to explain to your daughter why Grandma can’t remember her name, is not an option. It’s up to you to help your children understand the effects that Alzheimer’s is having on someone they love.
The Memory Loss Tapes can, at times, be difficult to sit through. At other times I couldn’t help but smile and even laugh while watching. For example, Woody (the beginning of the second part) singing with his old acapella group, The Grunions, brought a tear of joy, as did other segments.
Research shows that stimulating activity can help rewire the brain so that memories lost to disease can be retrieved.
The words we use do, to a great extent, influence the way we think, and the way we think, in turn, affects our actions.
- Better Dementia Care Without DrugsJuly 1, 2020 - 7:36 AM
- Best Alzheimer’s Products In The MediaFebruary 18, 2021 - 8:53 AM
- Caring For CaregiversFebruary 17, 2021 - 1:42 PM
- The holidays from the point of view of a person with Alzheimer’sOctober 29, 2020 - 4:51 PM
- How Stage Affects Your Choice Of GiftOctober 27, 2020 - 5:13 PM
- What Not To Gift A Person With Alzheimer’sOctober 27, 2020 - 11:54 AM
- Sharing Holidays If You Can’t Be ThereOctober 27, 2020 - 11:43 AM
Best Alzheimer’s Products
Organizations & Affiliations
Purple Angel Ambassador
Dementia Friendly America
- Activity Professionals
- Adult Day Services
- Alternative Medicine
- Alternative Therapy
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Best Alzheimer's Products
- Better Dementia Care
- Care Providers
- Designers + Architects
- Food for Alzheimer's
- For Caregivers
- Health Professionals
- Hope On The Horizon
- Library Workers
- Preventing Alzheimer's
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
WHAT OTHERS ARE SAYING
- Your type of products are what my husband and I needed to help us pass the day. (…) In spite of Alzheimer’s, once again in our 46 years of being together, we are having fun with each other!!! Emilia