The words we use do, to a great extent, influence the way we think, and the way we think, in turn, affects our actions.
About John Schmid
Degrees in psychology and education as well as professional certifications in business administration and website development gave John the ideal credentials to co-found and develop an internet presence dedicated to helping caregivers provide exceptional care to those who are no longer able to care for themselves because of the impact of dementia. Since 2007, Best Alzheimer's Products has earned national and international recognition as a place to go for help and advice, with the goal of making life better for people living with Alzheimer's disease and other forms of dementia.
Entries by John Schmid
Communicating with Alzheimer’s is difficult, but don’t stop trying. Even more frustrating for the person with Alzheimer’s than the difficulty he is experiencing making his thoughts known to you is the thought that you have given up trying, or don’t want to communicate with him.
Is Alzheimer’s disease or any dementia part of the normal aging process? In other words, if we live long enough will we get dementia? Are the memory problems we see in an aging person the normal effects of old age or Alzheimer’s?
Let’s watch alternative television. Best Alzheimer’s Products offers several options.
Before we provide appropriate activities and entertainment for our loved ones who have Alzheimer’s disease, we must provide a safe place in which to live
As we put more emphasis on treating the person with Alzheimer’s, and not just searching for a cure, we find more professional attention focused on managing and alleviating the symptoms of the disease, thereby improving quality of life. One symptom receiving such attention is the sleep disturbances that often accompany many forms of dementia
Once we had a good start on the website, we began a search for games, puzzles, alarms, and other products that all of our research indicated would benefit Bernice and others with Alzheimer’s disease.
That was not as easy as we thought it would be!
Alzheimer’s Care and Dementia Care Because Alzheimer’s disease and most other causes of dementia are progressive in nature, you will not be thrown suddenly into a situation in which another person is totally dependent upon you for their care and well-being. As an Alzheimer’s caregiver you will have some time, or you have had time, […]
Detailed direction for creating a Memory Book. This is an easy and interactive way to preserve a person’s history while creating a treasured heirloom for family and friends. By Connie Lucas of the Alzheimer’s Association, Greater Iowa Chapter.
The Video Respite series provides you with a video tool to improve the quality of life for the person or the people in your care while providing you with a way to improve your own quality of life by providing a respite from the challenges of caring.
- Suggested DVDs For Dementia CareFebruary 21, 2020 - 11:41 AM
- Suggested Books For CaregiversFebruary 18, 2020 - 4:26 PM
- Suggested Books About DementiaFebruary 18, 2020 - 4:21 PM
- Suggested Books for Dementia CareFebruary 18, 2020 - 4:18 PM
- Suggested Books for Brain FitnessFebruary 18, 2020 - 4:10 PM
- Suggested Books for Nostalgia & ReminiscingFebruary 18, 2020 - 4:06 PM
- About Us
- Activities for Alzheimer’s
- Alternative Therapy for Alzheimer’s
- Alzheimer’s Caregiver Resources
- Alzheimer’s Disease
- Alzheimer’s FAQ
- Alzheimer’s FAQ — clone
- Alzheimer’s Research
- Alzheimer’s Symptoms
- Aromatherapy for Alzheimer’s
- Art Therapy for Alzheimer’s
- Best Alzheimer’s Products
- Best Alzheimer’s Products Registration
- Can We Prevent Alzheimer’s Disease?
- Contact Us
- Creating Art as Therapy for Alzheimer’s
- Doll Therapy for Alzheimer’s Disease: Pros and Cons
- Enjoying Art as Therapy for Alzheimer’s Disease
- Entertainment for Alzheimer’s
- Flashing Light Therapy for Alzheimer’s Disease
- Food For Alzheimer’s
- For the Alzheimer’s Caregiver
- Games For People With Alzheimer’s
- Gifts for Alzheimer’s
- Guest Writer’s Guidelines and Policies
- Hope on the Horizon
- Join the Conversation | Best Alzheimer’s Products
- Light Therapy for Alzheimer’s Disease
- Mild Cognitive Impairment
- Music Therapy for Alzheimers
- My account
- Press Info
- Puzzles for Alzheimer’s
- Recipe Template
- Reminiscence Therapy for Alzheimer’s Disease
- Sensory Stimulation for Alzheimer’s
- Seven Stages of Alzheimer’s Disease
- Share Your Story
- The Alzheimer’s Brain
- The Stages of Alzheimer’s Disease
- Three Stages of Alzheimer’s Disease
- Toys for People with Alzheimer’s
- Visual Stimulation for Alzheimer’s and Dementia
- Activity Professionals
- Adult Day Services
- Alternative Medicine
- Alternative Therapy
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Best Alzheimer's Products
- Care Providers
- Designers + Architects
- Food for Alzheimer's
- For Caregivers
- Health Professionals
- Hope On The Horizon
- Library Workers
- Preventing Alzheimer's
Organizations & Affiliations
Purple Angel Ambassador
Dementia Friendly America
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
WHAT OTHERS ARE SAYING
- First of all, thank you for such a tremendous, caring and comprehensive website, I always pass the word along to those I think might benefit from it. Thank you so much, I really look forward to giving him something he can actually do. Lisa