As we put more emphasis on treating the person with Alzheimer’s, and not just searching for a cure, we find more professional attention focused on managing and alleviating the symptoms of the disease, thereby improving quality of life. One symptom receiving such attention is the sleep disturbances that often accompany many forms of dementia
Tips, suggestions, anecdotes and stories to help the caregiver get through her or his day. You’ll find something here if you’re new to this or a seasoned professional.
Once we had a good start on the website, we began a search for games, puzzles, alarms, and other products that all of our research indicated would benefit Bernice and others with Alzheimer’s disease.
That was not as easy as we thought it would be!
As Bernice’s caregiver, friend, and power of attorney, I was responsible for decisions made for her care. I never really considered what would happen when the need for emergency medical care for Alzheimer’s arose. An emergency trip to the hospital can be traumatic for you as the caregiver as well as the person in your care. After several falls that resulted in trips to the hospital over the last three years, I finally had a system figured out that worked for me.
Activities of Daily Living are those things we all need to do on a regular basis to ensure our health and well-being. We take them for granted–until we cannot do them anymore. Unfortunately, dementia makes these tasks more and more difficult. There are aids to help.
- Better Dementia Care Without DrugsJuly 1, 2020 - 7:36 AM
- Best Alzheimer’s Products In The MediaFebruary 18, 2021 - 8:53 AM
- Caring For CaregiversFebruary 17, 2021 - 1:42 PM
- The holidays from the point of view of a person with Alzheimer’sOctober 29, 2020 - 4:51 PM
- How Stage Affects Your Choice Of GiftOctober 27, 2020 - 5:13 PM
- What Not To Gift A Person With Alzheimer’sOctober 27, 2020 - 11:54 AM
- Sharing Holidays If You Can’t Be ThereOctober 27, 2020 - 11:43 AM
Best Alzheimer’s Products
Organizations & Affiliations
Purple Angel Ambassador
Dementia Friendly America
- Activity Professionals
- Adult Day Services
- Alternative Medicine
- Alternative Therapy
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Best Alzheimer's Products
- Better Dementia Care
- Care Providers
- Designers + Architects
- Food for Alzheimer's
- For Caregivers
- Health Professionals
- Hope On The Horizon
- Library Workers
- Preventing Alzheimer's
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
WHAT OTHERS ARE SAYING
- Thanks so much for the dignity with which you conduct your business. Susan