A recent study found that certain lifestyle factors reduce the amount of amyloid plaque and fibrillary tangles in the brain. These plaques and tangles are always present in the Alzheimer’s affected brain. Diet & exercise.
Amidst all of these dire forecasts, a recent study published in Nature Communications (April, 2016) reports declining dementia rates in England. These trends are being seen in other countries as well. And the researchers cannot attribute this downward trend to medical advances.
The question, “Can Coconut Oil Cure Alzheimer’s Disease?” first occurred to Dr. Newport when her husband, Steve, showed marked improvement after she began to include coconut oil in his diet. Just 4 1/2 hours after she first stirred coconut oil into his morning oatmeal he showed a marked improvement in memory functioning on a cognitive test!
It may be that a few changes in lifestyle can provide us with protection against Alzheimer’s disease and other brain conditions that can lead to dementia. Carefully considering our diet, what we do with our leisure time, and even how we sleep may be our best chance of avoiding dementia.
We have evidence that turmeric can protect us against Alzheimer’s and certain other brain disorders.
- Better Dementia Care Without DrugsJuly 1, 2020 - 7:36 AM
- Best Alzheimer’s Products In The MediaFebruary 18, 2021 - 8:53 AM
- Caring For CaregiversFebruary 17, 2021 - 1:42 PM
- The holidays from the point of view of a person with Alzheimer’sOctober 29, 2020 - 4:51 PM
- How Stage Affects Your Choice Of GiftOctober 27, 2020 - 5:13 PM
- What Not To Gift A Person With Alzheimer’sOctober 27, 2020 - 11:54 AM
- Sharing Holidays If You Can’t Be ThereOctober 27, 2020 - 11:43 AM
Best Alzheimer’s Products
Organizations & Affiliations
Purple Angel Ambassador
Dementia Friendly America
- Activity Professionals
- Adult Day Services
- Alternative Medicine
- Alternative Therapy
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Best Alzheimer's Products
- Better Dementia Care
- Care Providers
- Designers + Architects
- Food for Alzheimer's
- For Caregivers
- Health Professionals
- Hope On The Horizon
- Library Workers
- Preventing Alzheimer's
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
WHAT OTHERS ARE SAYING
- I just received a parcel of games, books and puzzles I ordered from you online. It only took a few days to get here which is pretty amazing. I think I wait longer than that for things to be delivered within my own country! But I digress, I wanted to say thank you very much. My mother is now going through the box, I’ve not seen her so animated in a while. She’s in the later stages of Alzheimer’s/Dementia and spends a lot of her time just sitting around not doing much and I’ve found it extremely difficult to find things that are suitable to keep her occupied and engaged. So much of what she used to be able to do and enjoy is now beyond her and although she tries, it just creates frustration for her. This cache of goodies looks like it’s going to be the solution, thank you Joanna Carter