A recent study found that certain lifestyle factors reduce the amount of amyloid plaque and fibrillary tangles in the brain. These plaques and tangles are always present in the Alzheimer’s affected brain. Diet & exercise.
Amidst all of these dire forecasts, a recent study published in Nature Communications (April, 2016) reports declining dementia rates in England. These trends are being seen in other countries as well. And the researchers cannot attribute this downward trend to medical advances.
The question, “Can Coconut Oil Cure Alzheimer’s Disease?” first occurred to Dr. Newport when her husband, Steve, showed marked improvement after she began to include coconut oil in his diet. Just 4 1/2 hours after she first stirred coconut oil into his morning oatmeal he showed a marked improvement in memory functioning on a cognitive test!
It may be that a few changes in lifestyle can provide us with protection against Alzheimer’s disease and other brain conditions that can lead to dementia. Carefully considering our diet, what we do with our leisure time, and even how we sleep may be our best chance of avoiding dementia.
We have evidence that turmeric can protect us against Alzheimer’s and certain other brain disorders.
- Better Dementia Care Without DrugsJuly 1, 2020 - 7:36 AM
- Gift Pages Template — cloneOctober 23, 2020 - 1:57 PM
- SUGGESTIONS FOR GIVING A GIFT TO SOMEONE WITH DEMENTIAOctober 23, 2020 - 1:30 PM
- Alzheimer’s service animalsSeptember 1, 2020 - 1:20 PM
- How to Qualify for Social Security Disability Benefits with Alzheimer’sJune 17, 2020 - 3:39 PM
- Can Natural Supplements and Practices Treat Alzheimer’s?June 12, 2020 - 1:54 PM
Best Alzheimer’s Products
Organizations & Affiliations
Purple Angel Ambassador
Dementia Friendly America
- Activity Professionals
- Adult Day Services
- Alternative Medicine
- Alternative Therapy
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Best Alzheimer's Products
- Better Dementia Care
- Care Providers
- Designers + Architects
- Food for Alzheimer's
- For Caregivers
- Health Professionals
- Hope On The Horizon
- Library Workers
- Preventing Alzheimer's
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
WHAT OTHERS ARE SAYING
- We see smiles and feel relieved that, even though we can’t make her well, we can make her comfortable and content without resorting to brain fogging drugs or, worse, restraints. Carla