A library can be a center for activity and fellowship in a dementia friendly community
A library can be an influential and valuable part of creating a community that is supportive to people living with dementia, including care providers.
Our sense organs are an extension of our brain. It is through these specialized organs that we get information about our surroundings and about ourselves. But Alzheimer’s affects perception in a way that makes understanding the world difficult.
What a wonderful idea this is!!! An Alzheimer’s Cafe. It’ like an extension to or a smaller version of Hogewey Dementia Village. We all like to hang out with others who share our interests and who are “like us”. Alzheimer’s/Dementia Cafes have been around a while, especially in Europe, as the video indicates; but the more I think about this, the more I excited I get about it.
The words we use do, to a great extent, influence the way we think, and the way we think, in turn, affects our actions.
Communicating with Alzheimer’s is difficult, but don’t stop trying. Even more frustrating for the person with Alzheimer’s than the difficulty he is experiencing making his thoughts known to you is the thought that you have given up trying, or don’t want to communicate with him.
- Better Dementia Care Without DrugsJuly 1, 2020 - 7:36 AM
- Best Alzheimer’s Products In The MediaFebruary 18, 2021 - 8:53 AM
- Caring For CaregiversFebruary 17, 2021 - 1:42 PM
- The holidays from the point of view of a person with Alzheimer’sOctober 29, 2020 - 4:51 PM
- How Stage Affects Your Choice Of GiftOctober 27, 2020 - 5:13 PM
- What Not To Gift A Person With Alzheimer’sOctober 27, 2020 - 11:54 AM
- Sharing Holidays If You Can’t Be ThereOctober 27, 2020 - 11:43 AM
Best Alzheimer’s Products
Organizations & Affiliations
Purple Angel Ambassador
Dementia Friendly America
- Activity Professionals
- Adult Day Services
- Alternative Medicine
- Alternative Therapy
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Best Alzheimer's Products
- Better Dementia Care
- Care Providers
- Designers + Architects
- Food for Alzheimer's
- For Caregivers
- Health Professionals
- Hope On The Horizon
- Library Workers
- Preventing Alzheimer's
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
WHAT OTHERS ARE SAYING
- Thanks, Appreciate that “extra effort”. Don’t seem to run into that much anymore… and that is a shame. I’m really looking forward to receiving the “toys” for my wife. I pray they will work as good as one of her caregivers told me they would. Ken