A library can be a center for activity and fellowship in a dementia friendly community
A library can be an influential and valuable part of creating a community that is supportive to people living with dementia, including care providers.
Our sense organs are an extension of our brain. It is through these specialized organs that we get information about our surroundings and about ourselves. But Alzheimer’s affects perception in a way that makes understanding the world difficult.
What a wonderful idea this is!!! An Alzheimer’s Cafe. It’ like an extension to or a smaller version of Hogewey Dementia Village. We all like to hang out with others who share our interests and who are “like us”. Alzheimer’s/Dementia Cafes have been around a while, especially in Europe, as the video indicates; but the more I think about this, the more I excited I get about it.
The words we use do, to a great extent, influence the way we think, and the way we think, in turn, affects our actions.
Communicating with Alzheimer’s is difficult, but don’t stop trying. Even more frustrating for the person with Alzheimer’s than the difficulty he is experiencing making his thoughts known to you is the thought that you have given up trying, or don’t want to communicate with him.
- Better Dementia Care Without DrugsJuly 1, 2020 - 7:36 AM
- How to Qualify for Social Security Disability Benefits with Alzheimer’sJune 17, 2020 - 3:39 PM
- Can Natural Supplements and Practices Treat Alzheimer’s?June 12, 2020 - 1:54 PM
- Suggested Books for Dementia CareFebruary 18, 2020 - 4:18 PM
- Aging in PlaceJanuary 27, 2020 - 3:21 PM
- Validation Therapy and Alzheimer’sJanuary 23, 2020 - 11:33 AM
- Activity Professionals
- Adult Day Services
- Alternative Medicine
- Alternative Therapy
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Best Alzheimer's Products
- Better Dementia Care
- Care Providers
- Designers + Architects
- Food for Alzheimer's
- For Caregivers
- Health Professionals
- Hope On The Horizon
- Library Workers
- Preventing Alzheimer's
Organizations & Affiliations
Purple Angel Ambassador
Dementia Friendly America
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
WHAT OTHERS ARE SAYING
- We see smiles and feel relieved that, even though we can’t make her well, we can make her comfortable and content without resorting to brain fogging drugs or, worse, restraints. Carla