A library can be a center for activity and fellowship in a dementia friendly community
A library can be an influential and valuable part of creating a community that is supportive to people living with dementia, including care providers.
Our sense organs are an extension of our brain. It is through these specialized organs that we get information about our surroundings and about ourselves. But Alzheimer’s affects perception in a way that makes understanding the world difficult.
What a wonderful idea this is!!! An Alzheimer’s Cafe. It’ like an extension to or a smaller version of Hogewey Dementia Village. We all like to hang out with others who share our interests and who are “like us”. Alzheimer’s/Dementia Cafes have been around a while, especially in Europe, as the video indicates; but the more I think about this, the more I excited I get about it.
The words we use do, to a great extent, influence the way we think, and the way we think, in turn, affects our actions.
Communicating with Alzheimer’s is difficult, but don’t stop trying. Even more frustrating for the person with Alzheimer’s than the difficulty he is experiencing making his thoughts known to you is the thought that you have given up trying, or don’t want to communicate with him.
- Better Dementia Care Without DrugsJuly 1, 2020 - 7:36 AM
- The holidays from the point of view of a person with Alzheimer’sOctober 29, 2020 - 4:51 PM
- How Stage Affects Your Choice Of GiftOctober 27, 2020 - 5:13 PM
- What Not To Gift A Person With Alzheimer’sOctober 27, 2020 - 11:54 AM
- Sharing Holidays If You Can’t Be ThereOctober 27, 2020 - 11:43 AM
- Suggestions For Giving A Gift To Someone With DementiaOctober 27, 2020 - 11:26 AM
- Make This Holiday Memorable – Include Your Loved Ones With DementiaOctober 23, 2020 - 1:57 PM
Best Alzheimer’s Products
Organizations & Affiliations
Purple Angel Ambassador
Dementia Friendly America
- Activity Professionals
- Adult Day Services
- Alternative Medicine
- Alternative Therapy
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Best Alzheimer's Products
- Better Dementia Care
- Care Providers
- Designers + Architects
- Food for Alzheimer's
- For Caregivers
- Health Professionals
- Hope On The Horizon
- Library Workers
- Preventing Alzheimer's
signup for our Newsletter
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
WHAT OTHERS ARE SAYING
- Dear John and Holly, I’d like to work for you…seriously! I first heard about your business on the “Made in Chicago” segment on WBBM radio a few months back. I too, am interested in exactly the same thing you are, the quality of life for people with dementia. (…) Thank you though, so much for putting this site, and your products in one spot. And I am sooooo glad that Bernice has you! Janice