There are many reasons to get an early and accurate diagnosis if you suspect dementia. Included: treatment is sometimes more effective when started early, early diagnosis gives one time to get affairs in order, and diagnosis might be more accurate if done early. Most importantly, there are many diseases and conditions that mimic Alzheimer’s disease as well as the symptoms associated with most other causes of dementia. Many of these are treatable and even curable!
Non-medical information and products important to doctors who serve the dementia community.
At a conference we attended recently we were able to spend some face time with Cindy and Darryl, creators of Serenity Babies. We had a really nice visit, as it has been a couple of years since we last saw them. They shared some tips for using dolls as therapy.
A recent study found that certain lifestyle factors reduce the amount of amyloid plaque and fibrillary tangles in the brain. These plaques and tangles are always present in the Alzheimer’s affected brain. Diet & exercise.
- Better Dementia Care Without DrugsJuly 1, 2020 - 7:36 AM
- Gift Pages Template — cloneOctober 23, 2020 - 1:57 PM
- SUGGESTIONS FOR GIVING A GIFT TO SOMEONE WITH DEMENTIAOctober 23, 2020 - 1:30 PM
- Alzheimer’s service animalsSeptember 1, 2020 - 1:20 PM
- How to Qualify for Social Security Disability Benefits with Alzheimer’sJune 17, 2020 - 3:39 PM
- Can Natural Supplements and Practices Treat Alzheimer’s?June 12, 2020 - 1:54 PM
Best Alzheimer’s Products
Organizations & Affiliations
Purple Angel Ambassador
Dementia Friendly America
- Activity Professionals
- Adult Day Services
- Alternative Medicine
- Alternative Therapy
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Best Alzheimer's Products
- Better Dementia Care
- Care Providers
- Designers + Architects
- Food for Alzheimer's
- For Caregivers
- Health Professionals
- Hope On The Horizon
- Library Workers
- Preventing Alzheimer's
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
WHAT OTHERS ARE SAYING
- Dear John and Holly, I’d like to work for you…seriously! I first heard about your business on the “Made in Chicago” segment on WBBM radio a few months back. I too, am interested in exactly the same thing you are, the quality of life for people with dementia. (…) Thank you though, so much for putting this site, and your products in one spot. And I am sooooo glad that Bernice has you! Janice