Detailed direction for creating a Memory Book. This is an easy and interactive way to preserve a person’s history while creating a treasured heirloom for family and friends. By Connie Lucas of the Alzheimer’s Association, Greater Iowa Chapter.
Content that is particularly relevant to professional care providers, activity professionals, designers and architects of dementia friendly living communities, and anyone involved in the dementia friendly movement, like library workers, salon workers, etc.
As Bernice’s caregiver, friend, and power of attorney, I was responsible for decisions made for her care. I never really considered what would happen when the need for emergency medical care for Alzheimer’s arose. An emergency trip to the hospital can be traumatic for you as the caregiver as well as the person in your care. After several falls that resulted in trips to the hospital over the last three years, I finally had a system figured out that worked for me.
Activities of Daily Living are those things we all need to do on a regular basis to ensure our health and well-being. We take them for granted–until we cannot do them anymore. Unfortunately, dementia makes these tasks more and more difficult. There are aids to help.
Recreational activities play an important role when it comes to defining our own Quality of Life. Each of us chooses activities based on our interests and abilities. People who have dementia need access to recreational activities, too; this is as much a moral imperative as it is an issue of care and disease management.
- Better Dementia Care Without DrugsJuly 1, 2020 - 7:36 AM
- The holidays from the point of view of a person with Alzheimer’sOctober 29, 2020 - 4:51 PM
- How Stage Affects Your Choice Of GiftOctober 27, 2020 - 5:13 PM
- What Not To Gift A Person With Alzheimer’sOctober 27, 2020 - 11:54 AM
- Sharing Holidays If You Can’t Be ThereOctober 27, 2020 - 11:43 AM
- Suggestions For Giving A Gift To Someone With DementiaOctober 27, 2020 - 11:26 AM
- Make This Holiday Memorable – Include Your Loved Ones With DementiaOctober 23, 2020 - 1:57 PM
Best Alzheimer’s Products
Organizations & Affiliations
Purple Angel Ambassador
Dementia Friendly America
- Activity Professionals
- Adult Day Services
- Alternative Medicine
- Alternative Therapy
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Best Alzheimer's Products
- Better Dementia Care
- Care Providers
- Designers + Architects
- Food for Alzheimer's
- For Caregivers
- Health Professionals
- Hope On The Horizon
- Library Workers
- Preventing Alzheimer's
signup for our Newsletter
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
WHAT OTHERS ARE SAYING
- I am happy to have found your site. There are lots of medical sites, but yours is appealing because it focuses more broadly on quality of life. Rebecca