Imaging technologies like the fMRI, the EEG, SPECT scan, and the CT PET scan allow us to watch electrical activity and blood flow in the brain as it responds to different stimuli and situations. One thing we are learning is there is a special connection between music and the brain.
A recent study found that certain lifestyle factors reduce the amount of amyloid plaque and fibrillary tangles in the brain. These plaques and tangles are always present in the Alzheimer’s affected brain. Diet & exercise.
Several clothing manufacturers, including Tommy Hilfiger, are developing clothing designed to make it easier for people with a variety of disabilities to dress themselves, and help care providers to more easily and more effectively do their job.
Our sense organs are an extension of our brain. It is through these specialized organs that we get information about our surroundings and about ourselves. But Alzheimer’s affects perception in a way that makes understanding the world difficult.
The words we use do, to a great extent, influence the way we think, and the way we think, in turn, affects our actions.
Communicating with Alzheimer’s is difficult, but don’t stop trying. Even more frustrating for the person with Alzheimer’s than the difficulty he is experiencing making his thoughts known to you is the thought that you have given up trying, or don’t want to communicate with him.
A couple of us from Best Alzheimer’s Products attended the The 2013 National Adult Day Services Conference in Louisville, KY. I attended Person-Centered Approaches to Challenging Behaviors, given by Beth Meyer-Arnold and Lyn Geboy. Person centered care is something we have always advocated, but I was still able to learn a lot about creating an environment that is truly person centered.
improving the quality of life for those living with the disease and their families. This means a coordinated strategy that values, supports and encourages non-drug approaches and subsequent research with the same devotion as drug research,” Angela Lunde, Mayo Clinic health education outreach coordinator, says in her Alzheimer’s blog.
Let’s watch alternative television. Best Alzheimer’s Products offers several options.
As Bernice’s caregiver, friend, and power of attorney, I was responsible for decisions made for her care. I never really considered what would happen when the need for emergency medical care for Alzheimer’s arose. An emergency trip to the hospital can be traumatic for you as the caregiver as well as the person in your care. After several falls that resulted in trips to the hospital over the last three years, I finally had a system figured out that worked for me.
- Better Dementia Care Without DrugsJuly 1, 2020 - 7:36 AM
- How to Qualify for Social Security Disability Benefits with Alzheimer’sJune 17, 2020 - 3:39 PM
- Can Natural Supplements and Practices Treat Alzheimer’s?June 12, 2020 - 1:54 PM
- Suggested Books for Dementia CareFebruary 18, 2020 - 4:18 PM
- Aging in PlaceJanuary 27, 2020 - 3:21 PM
- Validation Therapy and Alzheimer’sJanuary 23, 2020 - 11:33 AM
- About Us
- Activities for Alzheimer’s
- Alternative Therapy for Alzheimer’s
- Alternative Therapy Posts
- Alzheimer’s Caregiver Resources
- Alzheimer’s Disease
- Alzheimer’s FAQ
- Alzheimer’s FAQ — clone
- Alzheimer’s Research
- Alzheimer’s Symptoms
- Aromatherapy for Alzheimer’s
- Art Therapy for Alzheimer’s
- Best Alzheimer’s Products
- Best Alzheimer’s Products Registration
- Can We Prevent Alzheimer’s Disease?
- Contact Us
- Creating Art as Therapy for Alzheimer’s
- Doll Therapy for Alzheimer’s Disease: Pros and Cons
- Enjoying Art as Therapy for Alzheimer’s Disease
- Entertainment for Alzheimer’s
- Flashing Light Therapy for Alzheimer’s Disease
- Food For Alzheimer’s
- For the Alzheimer’s Caregiver
- Games For People With Alzheimer’s
- Gifts for Alzheimer’s
- Guest Writer’s Guidelines and Policies
- Hope on the Horizon
- Join the Conversation | Best Alzheimer’s Products
- Light Therapy for Alzheimer’s Disease
- Mild Cognitive Impairment
- Music Therapy for Alzheimers
- My account
- NEW BLOG PAGE
- Press Info
- Puzzles for Alzheimer’s
- Recipe Template
- Reminiscence Therapy for Alzheimer’s Disease
- Sensory Stimulation for Alzheimer’s
- Seven Stages of Alzheimer’s Disease
- Share Your Story
- The Alzheimer’s Brain
- The Stages of Alzheimer’s Disease
- Three Stages of Alzheimer’s Disease
- Toys for People with Alzheimer’s
- Visual Stimulation for Alzheimer’s and Dementia
- Activity Professionals
- Adult Day Services
- Alternative Medicine
- Alternative Therapy
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Best Alzheimer's Products
- Better Dementia Care
- Care Providers
- Designers + Architects
- Food for Alzheimer's
- For Caregivers
- Health Professionals
- Hope On The Horizon
- Library Workers
- Preventing Alzheimer's
Organizations & Affiliations
Purple Angel Ambassador
Dementia Friendly America
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
WHAT OTHERS ARE SAYING
- I am happy to have found your site. There are lots of medical sites, but yours is appealing because it focuses more broadly on quality of life. Rebecca