Guest Writer’s Guidelines and Policies
Submit your original articles for consideration.
We’re excited to see your interest in writing for Best Alzheimer’s Products! We are always looking for fresh perspectives and authentic stories to share with our readers. That being said, we are very picky about the content we post on this site. If you would like to submit a guest post please read the following guidelines and policies first.
If you are a family member or professional caregiver that has a story to tell but doesn’t want to write a fully developed article this isn’t the place for you. We want to hear your story but please share in the comments section at the bottom of the appropriate page or blog post. If you are a writer (amateurs included) , blogger or expert in some area related to dementia or elder care, please read on.
- Your guest post should be well-written – please make sure to proof read and edit.
- We prefer learning through stories. Please think about one or two good stories to include with your article, or around which to base your article.
- Your guest post should be useful to our readers. Our readers are both family members and friends caring for loved ones with Alzheimer’s and professional care providers.
- Your guest post should be unique.
- We stopped referring to people who have Alzheimer’s disease as “Alzheimer’s patients” some time ago, and ask that you do the same. A person with Alzheimer’s is “a person with Alzheimer’s”, or “a person who has Alzheimer’s disease”. You can see our justification for this, and more, in the article Let’s Stop Calling Them Alzheimer’s Patients and Saying That They are Suffering.
- That reminds me, people who have dementia are not “dementia sufferers”, or “suffering from Alzheimer’s”. They are “living with Alzheimer’s”, yes, but they are not always suffering. You thinking they are suffering will influence the way you act toward them, and that will cause suffering.
- Less objectionable, but still a little, is “caregiver”, which implies a hierarchy. Preferred is “care partner” or the British “carer”.
- Please include a bio of yourself. You may link to your website in your bio.
- You may include 1 or 2 links in your article.
- Please credit all your sources.
- We will find a photo that will work with your article unless you own one you would like to use.
If you still have questions about your idea for an article, please contact us with the form below!
We reserve the right to edit your article to fit better with our audience.
If you submit an article to us you consent to not publish this article in it’s whole on any other site other than your own. If you want to publish this article on your site please wait 5 days after it has been published and use the disclaimer “NAME OF ARTICLE originally published on Best Alzheimer’s Products” – with a link to the article on our site. You may publish an excerpt with a link back to the original article on another website. You also consent to the full article, extracts, or samples appearing in other Best Alzheimer’s Product’s projects or services. Don’t worry – we’ll credit you as author!
You retain the copyright to your work.
When you submit an article you agree to the above terms.
748 S. Warren Ave
Palatine, IL 60074
Organizations & Affiliations
Purple Angel Ambassador
Dementia Friendly America
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
WHAT OTHERS ARE SAYING
- I am happy to have found your site. There are lots of medical sites, but yours is appealing because it focuses more broadly on quality of life. Rebecca